8.30.2015

let's talk.

i'm not brisa neuendorf.

i'm snowfall on dark winter nights.

i'm soft music spilling out of the radio and worn out jeans.

i'm corks with the lingering smell of wine.

i'm broken thoughts and simple wishes.

i'm that kid who ran to classes in middle school.

i'm a broken record on repeat.

i'm laughter at the wrong times.

maybe it's because I love the sky.





















I don't know what to tell you. I can tell you that clocks are my best friend, but time isn't. I can tell you that a photograph is a wish and sometimes a lie. Maybe one day I'll be what they want me to be, but today I'm going to be me. They may not like it, but I've decided I don't care. At least I have three legs for the table. I can tell you that some rainbows are bigger than others and that you have to have a key to get in. I can tell you that simple things are meant to be complicated. But I don't want to talk about any of these things.

I want to talk about passions and dreams. Not the dreams you wish for, but literal dreams you have in the morning. I want to talk about the sunrise and pumpkin pie and trial and error. I want to talk about ideas. I want to talk about the present. I want to talk about conversations you had with yourself and the controversy of the world. I want to talk about stuff that matters. I want to talk about stuff that doesn't matter. I just want to talk and let it spill out on the electronic papers of this blog.

So let's talk.

8 comments:

  1. The metaphors at the beginning.
    "I can tell you that clocks are my best friend, but time isn't." So many good lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft music spilling out of the radio

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sky too.

    And I really love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I don't want to talk about any of these things. I want to talk about passions and dreams."

    This is awesome. This whole post is awesome. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A photograph is a wish and sometimes a lie

    Straight fire.
    Also I love this entire post

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're good at this.

    "I can tell you that a photograph is a wish and sometimes a lie."

    Welcome to the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you. Not in a creepy way I promise I just discovered your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FRIKIN crap I loved this.

    Post more. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete