11.08.2015

Darkness

He doesn't get me by drugs or alcohol or addiction.

He gets me by low self esteem.

Loneliness.

Anger.

That is the darkness he uses against me.

And when I start to lose hope and my dreams start to rot, he whispers in my ear, "You're a failure." And I believe him. And it stings.

And when I look into the mirror, he laughs and tells me, "Nobody will ever love you." And I close my eyes and let the tears silently slip down my cheeks.

And when he catches me admiring other peoples success, he smiles and says, "You're nothing special."

But someone once told me that starts can't shine without darkness.

And when I smiled and stood up and believed, he screamed.

And when I kept walking, he tried to stop me.

And because I never stopped and never will stop, he gave up.

Don't give up.







6 comments:

  1. don't give up
    don't give up

    i need this. chills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. wow. wow. this is so powerful. You have a gift with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes yes yes. I agree with Korra you have a gift

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I believe him. And it stings.

    this is inspiring and empowering

    ReplyDelete