2.21.2016

M.A.S.H

Mansion, apartment, shed, house

We all wanted to be rich with a mansion and a nice car, the man of our dreams, a small number of kids, and somehow still partake in our dream job. But that never happened.

I hope I don't end up like the girl who rolled a three.

Living in a run down apartment with someone I settled for. Riding the bus to a job I hate. And trying to take care of 13 kids all under the age of 15.

But I also hope I don't end up like the girl who rolled a seven.

Living in a mansion with no kids and married to a workaholic. Driving my Mercedes to the supermarket to buy food and make dinner every night alone.

I rolled a five.

Living in my parents house, driving a minivan, working in an office below ground, single, but happy.

Next year I'll roll a nine. Living in an apartment, walking, teaching, single and happy.

A few years later I hope I roll an eleven.  Living in an apartment, learning, exploring, driving, walking, hopefully not single, happy.

I hope the last dice I roll will be a two. Living in a house with the man of my dreams, four kids, a dog and a cat, pursuing my dream job, and peacefully happy.


5 comments:

  1. This is sooo cool.

    You took all these possibilities and turned them into stories. Into destinies. This is perfect.

    I hope you roll a nine, then an eleven, then a two. You will. You will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. i feel like i got a little peak inside your soul. thanks for being honest and raw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll roll a two. I sure love you and I sure love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY SHIZ I LOVE THIS

    i wish i had more words but i don't so just wow

    you're an amazing person

    ReplyDelete